Through a monthly collection, the parishioners of Holy Family Catholic Church raise funds for other organizations in need.
This project support grant is available for organizations within the counties of the Diocese of Victoria. The Diocese of Victoria is comprised of the counties of Calhoun, DeWitt, Goliad, Jackson, Lavaca, Matagorda, Victoria, Wharton, Colorado and a portion of Fayette county west of the Colorado River.
Holy Family Catholic Church seeks to share the gospel message through love and care of those in need. With our Shares with Others Grant, we seek to collaborate with local organizations in their efforts to carry out this mission.
All requested “Shares With Others” Grant Applications should:
- Reflect the mission of Holy Family Catholic Church
- Reflect the rights and dignity of all people
- Provide services and effective advocacy for underserved and marginalized populations, including by not limited to:
- The Economically and/or Spiritually poor
- Women and Children
- The Elderly
- Victims of Domestic Violence
- Victims of Natural Disaster
- The Pre-born
- The chronically ill
- The Mentally and/or Physically Challenged
Preference is given to Projects where:
- The organization requesting funds exhibit the knowledge and expertise to accomplish stated goals.
- The project coordinator maximizes local resources to benefit the greatest number of people.
- The funding base of the project is substantial enough to ensure goals are met, but not so large that the Shares with Others grant proceeds will have little impact.
Grant applications are due October 15th of each year and awarded funds are distributed the second week in December of the same year.